A new option to access the information was necessary
In Bispevika, A-Lab has projected one of the plots into which future tenants; Microsoft and PWC, will move in 2019. The complex also includes two apartment buildings. Angie has been the BIM consultant and she was eager to transfer her experiences from the Barcode working with BIMeye into the new project.
Interactive database creates new opportunities – harvest the benefits
“The AEC industry still miss to catch the opportunities. Not everyone you collaborate with is a BIM guru, but they need to use BIM data in order to stay updated.
The challenge in Bispevika was to identify the potential of simple data management in other fields beyond architecture. Also, in order to create communication solutions for the client they needed to maximize the use of BIMeye. As a technology advisor you need to debunk the myth of the data ownership in order to influence the perception of the developers about how easy and productive it could be for them to control Building information generated by their construction experts.
Establishing an interactive database for area management has created new opportunities for this project.
I have told the client that after investing so much on getting Bispevika Nord, a 112,000 m2 project, up and running in a good BIM level, it was very important not to stop just before they started harvesting the benefits. So fortunately, after a test pilot with BIMeye, we decided to make things smarter and go ahead with the implementation”, Angie says about the need for innovation in big data administration.
BIMeye as database for the rental space in the buildings
In order make future plans the client needs to know the details of the facilities they manage. This task is difficult particularly when the design process is ongoing and they need real time updates. If the client wants to change the asset information, he can do it in BIMeye and the owner has access to all info from the contractor.
Change of Asset Information
If the client wants to change the asset information, he can do it in BIMeye and the owner has access to all information from the contractor.
With the BIMeye tool they can – with a click of the mouse:
- gain access to the database themselves.
- Easily share data from the architectural models – the data is in the cloud
- Database changes the dynamics
- Use and share skills
- Minimise the extra work and increase quality control
- Update areas by a click on a button
- Keep yourself updated and secure that you’re on target in the timeplan
- Access one source of reliable updated information – in BIMeye – synched from the Revit model
- Access the information that you’d normally search for in the drawings or the 3D model
- All actors have different models but the data can be synched back and forth.